Monday, December 22, 2008

White Socks and I don't mean baseball...

There is a reason God made white socks. Do you have children and, are they at the age where they wear socks. You know socks with shoes, socks with sneakers, socks as slippers. We all know the story of the socks that escape somewhere between the hamper and the washer or, the washer and the dryer. As a result you end up with all these single socks. Well when you have three girls this can be a lot of socks. I had more unmatched sock drawers than anything else (except towels of course). So first I just made them find two that were close to the same style and both colors had to be in their outfit so although they were mismatched it seemed intentional. And let me tell you this was well before Punky Brewster. Then one day the store had those huge bags of white socks on sale and I bought one bag per girl. They were all the same style and yes the same color. PROBLEM SOLVED. I no longer had to contend with the one of every color or style sock left over. They wore uniform standard issue white socks. I still buy socks like this my gym socks, golf socks and trouser socks. That way as long as I have two I know I have a pair.

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny to me because I do this but slightly different - 8 year old gets color on the heals and toe - the boy straight white. I have gotten so neurotic I number them.....the sock black hole was literally driving me crazy...lol!

    ReplyDelete