Friday, October 8, 2010

When

I always wanted to stand
and recite my poetry
but

I had no rhythm to my words
no tune to my voice

So, i kept my words
buried in my mind
denied
my third eye

I always wanted to speak some
rhyming words outloud
while folks sat in their seats and
snapped their fingers
finding deep meaning in shallow words

I always wanted to be intense
thoughtful
deep
dot dot ditty dot damn deep

I wanted to flow like Nikki or
to mix rythym with ryhme and
political insight
like Gil

but

i
am me
not really deep
and
I just found out that to be intense
I must find my
third eye

remove the cataract, the veil and clearly focus

on

what is there
where...
there....

So,
when i gain the courage
i'll stand and spit
i'll be down wit it
i'll be hip

maybe i'll even be deep

dot dot ditty dot damn deep....

No comments:

Post a Comment