Thursday, October 7, 2010

There's No Fucking U in I

I will not tie up my self esteem and self worth in what you think of me.

I know I am a good person. I know that I am an attractive person. I know that I have a sense of humor. I know I am sensitive to the needs of others and I know sometimes I don’t care about their needs.

I know I am loyal. I know I am hardworking. I know how to put others first and I know how to take care of myself. I know how to say yes and I know how to say no. I know when to ask for help and I know how to offer help without being asked. I know I am committed to those things that are right. I know that I am generous. I know I am honest. I know when I am wrong and I know when I am right. I know how to take critical feedback and I know how to be tactful when giving feedback. I know I am smart and I know sometimes I can be downright goofy and simple.

I know I am ethical. I know I am versatile and I know at times I can be rigid. I know how to take control and I know how to let the reigns go. I know sometimes it is best to just back away and I know I don’t always do it when I should. I know I don’t like being controlled and I know sometimes it is inevitable. I know when I have been used and I know when and why I let it happen. I know how to listen and I know when listening is the only thing to do.

I know how to stand up for myself and I know when to stand down. I know I stand up for others sometimes when they don’t deserve it but I know it is the right thing to do.

I know all these things.

So I don’t need u to validate me, or tell me what I can or can’t do.

I know who I am and how to spell I.

There is no fucking u in I.

No comments:

Post a Comment