Monday, February 12, 2024

Perspective

 I sit here and stare at this blank page. There are so many thoughts in my  head, so much pain in my heart and my soul it is in a state. A state of what I can't really pin point. I have questioned how can Allah allow this to happen and then I see the Palestinian children, women and men with unwavering faith and I have to step back and ask myself who am I to question when the people most affected, most harmed do not. They continue to profess their faith, to call on Allah to know this is not the end for them.  

I cry. I cry because I am so angry, so disgusted, so ashamed and feel so helpless and then I have to step back and ask who am I to have this self pity when the Palestinian children, women and men have only exhibited resilience and strength.  

Tonight as I was cooking dinner I opened a pot and the steam burned my arm and as I held it under cool running water I couldn't help to think of the children I had seen on social media being treated for second and third degree burns with nothing more that salve and gauze.  

Yesterday when I got caught up in my day and realized I had not eaten since breakfast and now it was evening and I had those few pangs of hunger I had to think of those in Gaza not having food or water for days on end and that israeli civilians in all their arrogance blocked aide trucks from entering Gaza to take food and supplies to people that they have been slowly killing.

I see hundreds of thousands around the world that feel and believe as I do, that israel is committing genocide and yet the killing continues. bibi and his army operate with  arrogance and impunity  daring the US to take away support.... and his bitch baby Biden now realizing that "his base" is not supporting his zionist stance is backpedaling but it is all talk, no action. 

I don't get it. I can't make it make sense. How can anyone with a shred of humanity and decency think that the genocide being carried out by israel is justified. 

And then I step back and I listen to the children and their resolve as they state they will not leave their land, that the resistance will protect them, that they have Allah and I do what I can to support and I stand with them and have faith as they do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment